Philip Economou (MBA PhD CMC CEng)
Starting with an apprenticeship in mechanical engineering and associated university studies, an early career in diesel engine component research led through manufacturing and marketing into general management with full P&L responsibility. Post-MBA work subsequently provided the opportunity to progress through corporate planning and business economics into the current role.
Currently active since 1993 as a full-time independent management consultant, recent or active assignments are for clients in professional, legal and industrial organisations varying in size from 4 to 10,000 staff, including the public sector and MOD. Assignments have been undertaken in business systems and organisational design, quality standards (eg ISO9000, Lexcel, Investors in People), business planning and marketing.
Previous long-term residence and employment in continental Europe has created a business and technical proficiency in French and German which is maintained current through continental assignments and occasional translation work.
Martin Giddens (MBA CQP MCQI Assoc IRCA)
Martin is an experienced MBA with extensive commercial skills in the Manufacturing, Service and Public Sector environments.
Martin’s approach to consulting since 2001 has been to “Keep it simple” and “Implement it only if it adds value to the bottom line”.
Current and recent client projects have required Martin’s experience in the following disciplines:
- Process Management and Improvement
- Commercial Development
- Management Systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 27001, ISO 22301 & FSC Chain of Custody)
- Supplier Review
- Internal Auditing
- Business Continuity Planning
- Training and Coaching
Tony Myles (BSc MBA MCIM AMIEMA)
Following university Tony undertook a Graduate Apprenticeship within the midlands automotive and aerospace engineering sector before gaining sales and marketing experience in the field of scientific measuring instrumentation and subsequently general management P&L responsibilities.
Tony is an experienced General Manager and MBA with over 20 years board level experience in corporate, VC-funded and owner-managed businesses in both manufacturing and service sectors. He has managed a number of businesses including scientific instrumentation, laboratory services and consultancy services and has lived and worked in the USA.
During this time he has developed a strong commitment to the improved bottom-line and customer experience performance that can be achieved with effective ISO management systems.
Tony’s expertise includes:
- Business strategy and market planning
- Commercial Business Development, including USA, Europe and China.
- Effective Business management systems including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 17025 and ISO 80079-34
- Business process improvement
- Internal auditing
Dave Peat (CMIOSH)
Dave is an experienced Health & Safety Adviser with the ability to develop training needs. Proficient in planning, problem solving and working to tight deadlines. Responsible for advising on Health & Safety, Environmental Legislation, also trained and competent in implementing and auditing ISO 9001– ISO 14001Quality & Environmental Management Systems.
Dave’s expertise includes:
- Development and writing Safe Systems of Work, Permit to work, Safety audits to improve the safety culture and understanding of key staff.
- Assisting a number of companies in achieving both ISO 9001& ISO 14001accreditation.
- Responsible in my previous position for managing a team of environmental / safety specialists to ensure the safety and well-being of over 900 employees in a company with a turnover in excess of twenty million pounds, to ensure that legal and moral responsibilities were met.
- Acting as CDM Principal Designer on a number of projects which vary in size from £500,000 – £10,000,000.
Peter B Desmond (BA Chartered MCIPD)
Peter is a HR management & corporate governance expert with experience in specialist areas including:
- Education, Local Authority and Social Housing sectors
- TUPE transfers, including large public sector organisations
- Organisation restructuring
- Not-for-profit sector mergers, transfers and amalgamations
- Charitable conversions
- Staff relocation
- Integration and harmonisation projects
- Performance management
- Stakeholder communication
- Redundancy, staff reduction programmes
- Employee relations and engagement
- Governance and compliance
- Performance management
- Company secretariat functions
Peter’s expertise includes:
- Led HR & governance aspects of mergers\acquisitions including 2 Nursing & Midwifery colleges and 3 Social Housing providers, ensuring TUPE compliance. Subsequent harmonisation of all core terms & conditions covering some 450 staff and achieving 100% sign up.
- Outsourced University staff nursery & occupational health services
- Provided HR input to creating new academic departments & to removing less successful subject areas
- Project managed the integration & relocation of 4 geographically spread company offices to a single new site, including design and implementation of redundancy & relocation packages
- Managed frequent changes to organisation structure including major restructure of Boards to achieve streamlined governance
- Set up a Staff Group for consultation and engagement (initially on TUPE\harmonisation projects), Equality & Diversity Group (achieving IiD accreditation) & company Intranet, & achieved IiP multiple accreditations
- Introduced a new performance management & development system for all employees
Brian Preston (BSc CEng MBCS)
Brian is an seasoned Management Systems professional with extensive experience across a broad range of business operations (from industrial to commercial and service sectors).
Brian’s expertise includes:
- Standards Compliance to BS OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001, ISO 27001.
- Development and implementation of Quality Management systems in many industry sectors.
- Development and implementation of Health and Safety systems, particularly construction industry.
- Marketing Strategy for a plant hire/supply company.
- Business Planning for manufacturing, logistics and service industries.
- Internal systems review and reorganisation, including IT systems selection.
- Sourcing finance for business expansion.
- Business health diagnostics and advice.